The programme at the Volkshochschule - Your benefits
We offer you:
- Courses in the morning, afternoon and evening
- Weekend courses
- Compact and intensive courses, in which you can learn a great deal during a few classes
- Courses to learn languages without any pressure to perform
- Refresher courses if you would like to specifically and systematically reactivate your prior knowledge
- Conversation courses, in which you talk about current topics and your interests, and in doing so, practise your language skills
- Work-related language courses
The course system of the vhs Language School at the Volkshochschule Esslingen is designed in compliance with the recommendations of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The CEFR is a European model based on levels, which describes respective linguistic proficiency in the areas hearing, listening, speaking and writing on six internationally comparable levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2). The different levels are described here.
You can easily track your own learning progress. Every level contains descriptions, which provide detailed information on what you would have achieved at the end of a specific level if you actively participate on a regular basis.
In many of the languages, you can conclude the individual levels with an internationally acknowledged examination.
The language proficiency you acquire or language examinations you pass in line with the CEFR are internationally valid and comparable.